I love giving gifts but at the end of the year I’m usually so overwhelmed and student gifts are the last thing on my mind. Last year, I *surprisingly* had a free moment and put together these quick and easy personalized stencil bookmarks for my students.
Materials that I used:
- On my cricut design space, I created 8 rectangles with dimensions of approximately 5.75 inches x 2.75 inches. I laid these out onto a 12×12 design space.
- With the shape tool I added a small circle to the top of each rectangle for the ribbon.
- Type out your student’s names on to each rectangle aligning them vertically. I used first and last names to make it more personalized but it’s your choice!
- Put a light filter sheet on your mat, set the cut setting to poster board and cut!
- When cutting is done, pop out your bookmarks, tie a ribbon through the hole and you’re done!
Things to keep in mind:
- The light filters are similar in material to lamination sheets but are much heavier. They are plastic and can bend but are not very forgiving with pressure. I’ve had a few that snapped while I worked on them.
- If you set the cut setting to a higher pressure you may be able to cut through the material for a true stencil but I decided to not do that for mine.
If you end up creating these for your students I’d love to see it! Tag me in your pictures @mathwithmsyi.